HREF='http://freestats.com CLASS=ivanL_FR TARGET=_blank>FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com'

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Behind the Scenes Magic: Video Editing

John here, writing from the Wednesday teen intern crew. As an assignment all the interns have been working on individual projects. My project has been to edit the Zeum Masters' Winter Olympic video.

So far the editing process has been very hard for me. Oh, let me count the reasons why.. FINDING the video of the Winter Olympics wasn't easy. Cutting it down from 45 minutes to 5 wasn't easy. Actually understanding the events in the movie wasn't easy. And having a deadline has been hard too. But fun!

Even though this has been challenging I still just tried to have fun. So I jumped right into the editing process by first watching all the footage. "Not as easy as it sounds"....But I did it and then started editing and cutting left and right. I've been lucky and have had some experience with this but like I said, this hasn't been an easy process!

The first day of editing I was able to cut the video down to about 7 and a half minutes. This was a great success but I ran into one problem I needed a good upbeat song. As I finished the day strong, I decided I need to find the song. So on my commute home I had my Ipod on shuffle and listened while my rough draft of a video played in my head. After 8 songs that didn't work including The Shins and Bloc Party I finally found a song. "YESSSS."!

I can't wait to show the video to the Zeum masters to get their feedback to see what they think. So yeah this has been the Wednesday Intern John signing off.

2 comments:

Sammi said...

yess ! i am looking forward to see what you`ve done too ! ;D

Michelle F. said...

That video was really good there was so much stuff it must have been really hard to compose 2 weeks worth of the winter Olympics into 5 minutes I liked it good job.