HREF='http://freestats.com CLASS=ivanL_FR TARGET=_blank>FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com'

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Pam on What's Digital

The Digital Workshop is a Zeum exhibit that I love. In this room, anyone can take a picture of his or herself and add effects to it in the program, Adobe Photoshop. Then they can add their work to the constantly changing exhibit wall space. (see the pic)

I have been a part of the Zeum team for over three years (!!), and I have enjoyed seeing the steady progress that DW has gone through. We came all the way from our old, floppy disk carrying, ancient cameras to brand new fancy shmancy apple isight cameras. Pretty GOOD DEAL.


Yes. The DW is a room of wonder. I, personally am interested in photography, so it is fun to observe how people take their pictures and edit them. I have been able to experience so many things in DW. Apart from being able to take my own pictures and play around with Photoshop myself, I get to work with the public and help them move through the space and learn about digital photo imaging for the first time often.

I feel like when I am working in
DW, I am not just watching over the room, but I get to develop my teaching skills as well. Besides becoming a better teacher and developing qualities such as patience (-when the room is so full that we have to close the doors and the printer isn't working and computers are freezing, its kind of a wildhouse)-, I have learned to become a better artist myself. Photoshop is very useful when it comes to so many different things and the skills that I have learned are so valuable to me.

I've been thinking of what the zeummaster show could look like. For a couple months when I first started at Zeum, the cone show on display was all work of Zeummasters. Everyone got their own cubby and could fill it with whatever they wanted. If there wasn't enough cubbies then they were able to take up a whole wall between two cubbies. I think that that would be really cool because not only would it make Zeummasters feel more apart of Zeum, but hello, we could show off our skills.

I would like to have a show like that and fill a cubby with drawings and photographs of mine.

Another idea that I have for a cone show is a show "Spotlighting on Zeummasters". Everyone would have their own cubby that would kind of be like their biography. They could have anything that they believed represented them inside the cubby. That way, visitors could feel like they know the staff that they interact with. We could take pictures of ourselves in the DW and add effects and filters to it. Then, we could have that picture be in the middle of the cubby, representing us and serving as our profile image.

Overall,
DW is my favorite room to be in, other than the Music Production Lab. It is a really great exhibit that everyone should get a chance to experience.
This post was written by Pam, the ultimate Zeummaster.

1 comment:

Angee said...

i love DW! the new zeum mosaic is a great addition to the space!