HREF='http://freestats.com CLASS=ivanL_FR TARGET=_blank>FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com'

Friday, July 27, 2007

Learning Here and There

My name is Musiliu Adewunmi, and i am an "Afropean", which simply means that i was born in Nigeria. I'm from the continent of Africa and also mixed with French. I am a capricorn born in the month of December. I love to listen to music especially hiphop and R&B, play video games, watch the T.V. and go to the movies with friends. My favorite holiday is Christmas, it is a special holiday because it brings family and friends together, sharing presents and enjoying christmas cards from well wishers. My favorite style of breakfast is toasted bagel with cream cheeze and fried bacon with orange juice. There is nothing more delicious than having peaches and cream for desert.

I want to write about education.

School is so fun for me I know that some people will think that Musiliu is insane but you know what, I don't care what other people say or think about others. Education is uplifting for every one including myself as an individual. School allows me to be more experienced in community work.

Education in the states is quite different from that of my Nigerian and French education. Back in Nigeria and in France, the teachers really get strict with the students. Students get hands on experience being at school and a lot from learning the hard way which is teachers being strict about our school work and attendance in school. In America students don't get struck by the teacher at school when there needs to be correction, when homework isn't completed it is suppose to hurt the students grade while they get away with only a warning or two. In Nigeria and France, students get more than just a warning but we realize our mistakes through a little bit of discipline.

School is important for teenagers today because it keeps them motivated towards a higher education, leading them to success and enabling to fulfilling their career goals. Going to school i realized the outcome of having a community which helps in areas of group projects, sport teams, after school programs, and clubs.

I see Zeum as a community because it has given me the opportunity to be more flexible, having a cooperative work force with other Zeum masters at including my supervisors, Christian and Raquel. I have gained more communication skills such as answering phone calls, greeting visitors, teaching visitors how to create their own take home art work. I could relate my work experience in the Zeum community to school because working with different people and even multi-tasking usually on busy work days has given me the chance to realize what responsibility is all about, getting my work done in school and in the work place.

Learning in Zeum is different from learning in school because in the worksite, interns like me are taught how to work with technology in music production,video editing and production, mask making, clay animation and even blogging. In school we are taught with computers but without the involvement of music and video production. The task required in Zeum, takes us all interns to a whole new level of experiencing the art work in technology based on hands on experience.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Ya me too I like school and others think imma insane like sadam husein but guesss what i dont care.

and personally i dink that comin from a different country is difficult and employed in san freezy is even harder.. you deserve an oscure... (did i spell things correctly) lol

Anonymous said...

i agree with this part


see Zeum as a community because it has given me the opportunity to be more flexible, having a cooperative work force with other Zeum masters at including my supervisors, Christian and Raquel. I have gained more communication skills such as answering phone calls, greeting visitors, teaching visitors how to create their own take home art work. I could relate my work experience in the Zeum community to school because working with different people and even multi-tasking usually on busy work days has given me the chance to realize what responsibility is all about, getting my work done in school and in the work place.

Learning in Zeum is different from learning in school because in the worksite, interns like me are taught how to work with technology in music production,video editing and production, mask making, clay animation and even blogging. In school we are taught with computers but without the involvement of music and video production. The task required in Zeum, takes us all interns to a whole new level of experiencing the art work in technology based on hands on experience.